Terms and Conditions
Our liability to you
- The Lihou Charitable Trust shall ensure that the accommodation you order from us are in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Lihou Charitable Trust shall provide a warden for the house. The warden operates under the direct authority of the Trustees of The Lihou Charitable Trust. The Trustees have delegated overall operational control of the property to the warden. The warden is not responsible for any services undertaken outside of the agreed contract at the time of booking. The warden is not responsible for any activities organised by the customer or by a third party for the customer.
- Where any element of your booking is not provided to your satisfaction you must notify us of these terms and conditions within 28 days of the alleged breach. We shall then investigate the matter and if we have not provided the accommodation in accordance with you shall be entitled to: a full or part refund of the cost of your stay less any fees charged for changes requested by you; or a free stay to the equivalent value, where such dates are agreed in writing by us.
- We will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for: any losses which are not foreseeable by both you and us when the Contract is formed arising in connection with the supply of the services or their use by you; any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; business or trade losses.
- Our entire liability in connection with the Contract will not exceed the purchase price of the services booked less any amendment charges paid to us.
Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence The Lihou Charitable Trust liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
All deposits paid in respect of a booking for hiring Lihou House and its facilities are fully refundable up until 60 days prior to the date of the booking. After this period the deposit is non refundable either in part or full.
The Lihou Charitable Trust does not offer refunds, either part or full, after the agreed date of the hire of the house.
Any refunds due to overpayment or additional charges due to underpayment will be made using the card details initially associated with the booking and maybe done so automatically
If your behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable, offensive or causes damage your booking may be terminated and you may be asked to leave The Lihou Charitable Trust premises. Any existing future bookings will be suspended pending further enquiry. No whole or part refunds will be made under these circumstances.
The Lihou Charitable Trust appointed warden has been police checked.
Customers using the house who have minors in their party are reminded that the leader/s or parents/guardians of the group are responsible for the minors.
At no point will the warden accept sole responsibility of any minors.
Using the Island of Lihou
Although the Island is open for all to use, The Lihou Charitable Trust recommends that groups wishing to use the Island for organised activities are advised to contact the States of Guernsey Environment Department on (01481) 717000 during office hours.
We shall only store and use the information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contact with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time.
If you do not wish to receive such information, please let us know by: email, telephone or by writing to us at the contact details noted below.
All correspondence regarding the use of the house or any other aspect of The Lihou Charitable trust must be addressed to the warden.
Trustees of the Lihou Charitable Trust
Mr Simon Howitt
Mr Roland Guille
Dr Tim Sinnerton
This website is operated by The Lihou Charitable Trust (The Trust).
Everything on this site is copyrighted by The Trust or by the original owners of the material. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copies of pages on this web site for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any other usage is not allowed without the written permission of The Trust.
The Trust will attempt to provide accurate information on this website but assumes no responsibility for accuracy. The Trust reserves the right to change or correct the information on this site and the services offered at any time.
This website may contain third-party links. The Trust is not responsible for the content of any linked sites. The Trust does not necessarily endorse the companies or contents of these linked sites.