DOS AND DONTS
PLEASE ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING IN THE INTEREST OF FUTURE USERS OF THE HOUSE AND ISLAND
Please DO the following
· Look after the house and treat it with respect.
· Take ALL your own litter and rubbish home with you.
· Recycle everything you can
· Collect and bag any litter/bottles found on the beaches or island.
· Report any damage to the house – Accidents happen!
· Avoid the high ground above Venus Pool and the northern tip of the island around dusk and during dark hours, as these are important bird roosting sites.
· Return ALL collected natural beach materials to where they came from.
· Leave the furniture as you find it.
· Contact the warden if you are unsure about anything.
· Use your common sense.
Please DO NOT do the following
· Have any fires on the island.
· Use coal or any derivatives in the lounge fire – Only wood to be used.
· Put anything other than toilet paper down the toilets, as this is not good for the sewage system.
· Have any food or sweets upstairs as this may encourage vermin.
· Use bleach or strong detergents, as these are also not good for the sewage system.
· Wear outdoor footwear on any carpeted surfaces within the house.
· Try and cross the causeway when it is covered even if only by a little water as the tide rises fast and runs quickly.
· Enter the restricted bird nesting areas that are roped off between the 31st of January and the 31st of July.
· Leave ANY unused foodstuffs in the cupboards or fridge as the fridge gets turned off and the next guests in the house might be some time away.