The fire detection system within Lihou House is completely independent of the main power circuits. therefore even in the event of power failure, the alarm system remains functional regardless of the length of the power outage.
The fire alarm system IS NOT linked to the Fire Service or any other outside organisation. It is there to alert all those in the house and facilitate their safe exit in the event of a fire.
The control point for the fire alarms next to the back door in the dining room. Once the 'silence' or 'locate' button has been pressed there will be a delay of about five seconds until the action is carried out.
In the event of a fire in the house or grounds of the house
1. If the fire alarm sounds or a fire is spotted by anyone ensure that EVERYONE is informed by shouting FIRE, FIRE, FIRE.
2. ALL persons should evacuate the house by the nearest exit leaving ALL possession behind and muster at the agreed emergency muster point (front gate to the property).
3. A quick attempt to extinguish the fire using the fire extinguisher provided might be made but only if deemed appropriate or to aid your exit from the house.
4. A role call should be done to ensure that all are present.
5. The Fire Brigade should be called by dialling 999 or 112 – This should be done from a mobile, as there is no landline in the house or outbuildings.
6. Call the warden on 07781 120421
8. DO NOT RETURN TO THE HOUSE FOR ANY REASON
In the event of a vegetation/undergrowth fire on the island
- Inform ALL house residents and if they are asleep, wake then up and if there is time, gather possessions and be ready to evacuate the property.
- Call the Fire Brigade on 999 or 112.
- Call the warden on 07781 120421
- A role call should be done to ensure that all are present.
- If the fire threatens the house, then evacuate to a beach.