The following information is VERY IMPORTANT and before use of the generator this document should be read thoroughly.
CAUTION – DANGER FROM ELECTRIC SHOCK AND EXHAUST GASES
- Check oil – The engine must be off to complete this operation. The dipstick is on the right hand side of the engine when viewed from the door to the generator shed. Top up if required.
- Check fuel – The generator has a holding tank for fuel beneath the engine. The gauge for this is situated on the right of the engine and to the right of the control panel.
- Ensure the above checks have been made – oil and fuel
- Ensure the Generator Duty Switch is OFF – This switch is located on the main distribution board in the near left hand corner as you stand in the doorway.
- Turn the battery switch to ON (3 O’clock position)
- Press the Green RUN button and wait – The button is green and located on the control panel
- Turn the DUTY SWITCH to position 2 – Do this only after waiting for the generator temperature to read 30 degrees minimum.
ESSENTIAL checks once running
- Oil Pressure and fuel level – Fuel gauge inside unit on the right and oil pressure read out is on the control panel display.
- Temperature – This should be 78 degrees +/- 5 degrees. checked by looking at the control panel on the generator at least every 6 to 8 hours and any abnormalities reported.
Turning Off the generator
Turn the Generator Duty Switch to OFF/O – Located on Main distribution board in near left hand corner of shed.
Press the red STOP button – Located on generator control panel and wait for the cool down period to end when the generator will stop by itself.
Turn the battery switch OFF – (6 O’clock position) display will go blank.
In case of abnormalities or problems contact the warden on: 07781 120421